Thread: Xvid or Veoh?
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-30, 08:29   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

you are a funny little man.

you claim I don't know much about streaming video and yet your counter argument is that its too hard to port to PSP a video game system with a miniature screen that is smaller than watching it on a streaming video and has equally bad resolution?

fist, let me clarify the topic some.

we are talking about future streaming technology. when will it be useful to fansubbing and how?

and second, we are talking about currently releasing H264 and what else?
is veoh a legitimate alternative to xvid right here and now?

people who do not download H264 but prefer xvid, would it be better for them to watch it streaming?

that is the question I am posing.

Yes, the internet is getting congested and we need to do our part to reduce the stress. but that is a whole nother issue. btw, streaming video in FLASH player uses far far less kb than having everyone download with bittorent.

honestly, 6 months ago I would have slapped myself for saying something like this.

but have you been to this website?

www.familyguy.com

you like video games right? well, you can STREAM family guy episodes straight to your xbox 360. and it is decently good quality. I was impressed the first time I saw it. NO LAG, plays immediately, sounds good.

we also have cartoon network streaming MAR episodes, this BOST website, and not only that but it seems that alot of fansubs always end up on streaming websites and LOTS of people watch them.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote