View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 18:00   Link #67
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think Alto have some kind of romantic feelings for Ranka...mostly after ep 10...until then i think he acted as her "brother". Overly protective and caring with her...most likely the cause is his pity for her. And that's why he felt emberassed when he found out that hes kissing with Ranka at the scene. Like someone asks you to kiss your sister.(and remember the character's culture is japanese...almost like kiss>sex). But after that he find out that Ranka can do "wonderfull things"(like she acted at the movie, Ranka's "live concert" at Galia IV). I think the happenings in Galia IV was the highlight of Ranka and Alto's "romance".
Back to Sheryl: Why i am thinking that Alto is interested in her? Because at the first episode he glared countinously her poster in his hands. It's obvious that he was not a fan of her...then what? Maybe he's attracted to her beuty? Maybe...then the mutual feeling part is done.
Other than that there's not a clue because Alto is a professional actor, so if it must he can "act love" easily.

Now the ovrall of the whole Sheryl vs. ranka discussion:
-Why the people belive that he loves Sheryl? Because they act like a couple. And if they act like a couple then maybe they're a couple...Most of the elements of a couple's signs were sighted: Date, kiss(not a one sided or "forced"), living together... Even if some of them a bit deniable but most of the people just see the actions, not the intents and situation.
-Why the pople belive that he loves Ranka? Because most of the typical shonen "love elements" are sighted with them. Blushing when they going to do something intimate, "I'll protect you!", worrying about her... to mention the most important ones. Most of the people who are at the side of Ranka is otaku or near to it(In Sheryl's case anime-newbies and otakus too, cause if you just watch the show bluntly than it seems like if Sherylx Alto is a real cople and the triangle ending has no ground[maybe it's true...but we can't see into Alto's mind]). Because of that they're watching closely for this kind of signs and they found out that he loves Ranka or they're pissd of that many people states that "SherylxAlto for sure!" and trying to find clues to oppose that statment.

Conclusion: Both groups are somewhat right.
My opinion: as i stated i think the Sherylx Alto is more possible...but it's my biased opinion.