View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 11:23   Link #9615
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Please guys, if you don't know how to work out Jump rankings by going back the right amount of weeks and not counting colors and new series, than please stop talking about them lol. Also if you don't know about the significance of the TOC than lol @ posts like the one above this. TOC matters for JUMP, much more than the other 2 big mags in Sunday and Magazine.

No matter how often you say this over the last few pages, it just simply isn't true.

Look @ the rankings for the arc Zen was not even in, to say that he hasn't led this manga back to the bottom 5 is just damage control worthy of the Iraqi Foreign Minister.

That's nice, yet you ignore that I already mentioned how Bleach and Mago have had clear "meddling" from WSJ to speed things up due to long periods of low rankings.. and they are far more untouchable than Medaka Box. Also Shaman King, look it up.

You don't get it, I don't want it to do terrible, it is doing terrible. (and frankly thinking I want this to do terrible is pretty stupid considering it will never animate the best arc if it did) You say Anime sales haven't been that bad? And than tell me to do research? lmao. The anime hasn't even been released yet and you have the audacity to say it isn't doing that bad? Amazon pre order rankings which if you follow anime sales threads on AnimeOnDVD and/or this forum show that Medaka is going to be a massive flop. Bu-bu-bu-but how can this be, Zen is popular on some dumbass Naruto site!

What are you talking about lol? You do realize the latest rankings you're championing are covering the Jokers section lol. Also it's not like it's doing that well (it's frankly shit compared to the Non-Equals mini arc) after Zen helped drive it into the ground during Ajimu's arc.

Spoiler for for space:

The Minus arc did a lot of work to get it out of the bottom 5 and the Non Equals part had it being a mid tier series on the verge of cracking the Top 5, this is frankly terrible and shows that Japan doesn't like the direction of the manga. Don't worry man you can still enjoy it, I'm sure Fullbringer Bleach had some fans too.

Me a selfish fan? LOL Nah man that would be something you would call a group of people who have been bitching for a couple years about the character they like getting the shaft. And than whining and crying asspull when the showstopper arrives to steal the scene.

Are you unable to comprehend the difference between the rankings of Medaka on this page

http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/?skip=40

compared to this page.

http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/

It's not that hard.

Wow! What a coincidence! I wonder if that site has rabid Zen fanboys like this site, that would also be a coincidence wouldn't it!

It's also hilarious how you want to point me out and that guy and than ignore the crap that came out of the Zen faction as soon as the pics for this latest chapter leaked.
Great research you did there, how about you look up magico sales for last volume and compare them to Medaka box. Medaka is an entire tier above Magico sales wise so your already contradicting yourself.

Shaman King went on for 300 chapters and got several spin offs, Medaka box is even half that age. Did you look at those ratings which were mediocre at best. Fucking Nisekoi has better average rank than Medaka box in comparison to that time, so yes even the treasure hunt arc was poorly rated in comparison to average mid rank Shouen jump title like most of Medaka box, it's doing better than most of Medaka box arcs but even this arc is approaching that level.

If the rank mattered so much it wouldn't have gotten an anime period. Especially a slice of life one when everyone knows the slice of life part of Medaka box wasn't popular.

It's doing fine, sales wise it bit lower than some of the other mid tier shouen jump titles but it's not far off, it's not Magico etc tier.

And if you guys even payed attention THERE WAS NO JOKER SECTION. that was like two chapters which according to 8 week rule wouldn't be included in the current ratings, either the end of Aijimu arc arc was fine as well as the begining of black wedding arc, (not including the two joker chapters), or the 8 rule doesn't completely apply. Either way your wrong.

Love how you use circluar arguements saying Medaka box is doing terrible without stating precisely why. Medaka box has ALWAYS been at or near the bottom 5 according to your reasoning it should have been cancelled long ago. Why hasn't it volume sales. Now lets look at those volume sales, oh wait they're fine. So what is your arguemnet again. That's right you don't have one.

We go through this shit every single time anyone with half a brain would have realised the correlation. Talk to me when Medaka box's volume sales are 50K or lower or better yet 80K or lower. Otherwise shut up with your garbage.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-06-18 at 11:42.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote