View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 07:48   Link #40007
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
If my theory is followed, Byakushiki's imbalanced auto-tuning is because Ichika isn't really doing so good as a pilot so the IS is compensating for it. Booster issue is because Ichika's maneuvering is based on pace switching. The boosters are pulse type to allow them to quickly switch up speeds and corner, but this makes acceleration and maximum speed suffer.
You got it inverted, ByakuShiki's biggest problem is it's mediocre mobility (thus poor evasion, due to Ichika's limited skill), it however has IMMENSELY high max speed and raw acceleration (which compensate, allowing Ichika to strike first with OHKO Yukihira before enemy can react, but only so much, because more skilled will able to react to lessens the damage)

Pulse jet, by theory, is more fuel efficient than rocket (without being heavy like turbojet/turbofan), however even in real life, mismatched timing will pull the curve down, and creating a good enough valve is unattainable yet, so pulse jet is pushed aside. As noted, in ByakuShiki's case it's SOFTWARE problem, not hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The Setsura cannon is fixed into a one shot one kill setting due to Ichika practically never firing continuous shots. In fact, he doesn't use it much at all which leaves the self-improvement program stuck on what it's supposed to do so tuning updates are stagnant.
I agree with this, it is a weapon created on the spot.