View Single Post
Old 2009-01-15, 23:26   Link #117
DangerMouse

I loved Felli in that first ep, usually the taciturn character only gives the vaguest of hints of emotion under the "mask" and only after several episodes of "mystery", but right off the bat from the first ep we already see her hilariously letting off steam in private beating the crap out of the pipe with it's exaggerated animation and screaming at it before recomposing herself, it usually takes like 10 episodes to get a scene like that from the "mysterious girl".

And Nina was much better than the usual female lead character bringing in the main male character to their team, less antics than usual and she actually requests him and the scene where she does was good too, ofcourse it helps that he's actually a main character with some skills. I think I'm going to like her too.

I liked the show's focus on setting up and offering good action because it's been a really long time since we've gotten a downright plot-based action adventure (non-shonen-jump style I mean) with likeable characters like what the first episode offered.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-01-20 at 14:10.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote