View Single Post
Old 2003-12-15, 00:02   Link #7
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubomi Koneko
I will end up buying the cd, but that shouldn't stop me from trying to figure out the lyrics right now if I like a song. That's why sites like Animelyrics.com and such exist, because people like to figure out the lyrics to songs they like. And the point of trying to sing along, because it's fun and the song is pretty and some people like to sing. Ever heard of karaoke, they have karaoke contests at anime conventions and half the people there don't know what they are singing, but they don't care, they like the songs anyway.
Yes, that all makes perfect sense (fansubbers do that all the time since CDs usually aren't released until the series is well underway), but instead of trying to figure out some _probably_ wrong lyrics, why not better spend your time learning the langauge? Then you'd be able to understand what you're singing and if you really can't wait for the CD, it'll help you save LOTS of time when you try to dictate the lyrics. Still, don't get me wrong, even if you know Japanese, you can still make mistakes while dictating out lyrics just like you could while trying to figure out lyrics to English (or whatever your first langauge is) songs.

It's just that I can't stand those (not saying it's you) people who grab romaji lyrics then try to sing them in, umm, "English pronounciation" ~_~
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote