View Single Post
Old 2010-05-25, 19:41   Link #10652
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I'm not calling it a devil's proof I'm saying that like the Decalogue it's an argument as dubious as the devil's proof. You don't have to make a blue about that. If we were using the devil's proof it would be the opposite pattern. We'd be saying since we don't know what the real rokkenjima is, or if we've ever seen it yet, there is no way of proving Erika does not exist on Rokkenjima prime.
Well.... that's all I've got, really. Battler used Method X to find out that Erika didn't go to Rokkenjima-prime.
(EDIT: Wow, did I just use a double-devil's proof? An undeniable method to prove an unprovable fact? )

My original point was that universal red texts apply because the writer wants them to. Think about it this way: you want to write an alternate truth about the mass murder incident. Because of the devil's proof, you can put Erika in your story. But if it were suddenly revealed that Erika was never on that island at all, no one will believe your story. So it is in the author's favor to use proven information to include in their story.

For EPs 1-4, Kinzo was already dead. That's because the author wanted to use accurate information to get the reader to believe in the story. If we suddenly have someone else write the story ( as in EP5) then they might not include "accurate information", and insert Erika into the story. The same applies to EP6.
SeagullCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote