View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 08:52   Link #59
whsie

^ um... dude. You just spoiled the one plot twist in the whole story.

Quote:
Actually this trait is pretty normal to every known harem MC or every good MC.

And I think DxD isn't that unique. Though I like the art of the novel for it but story wise, character development wise or plot wise (though like the idea of turning that ageless dragon into loli dragon) . Not that unique. Its just good for me.

Their is not translation for Hagure so I can't say but the episode 1 prove that he is badass MC and his already strong so he got confidence on his skill. He reminds me a LOT of Rakan. I wonder if his as broken as him.

Story wise and setting wise. Setting for a hero that return from other world after becoming a hero is unique for me. I haven't encounter this type yet where one the story starts after the great struggle because usually the story starts when one gets summoned and not when you get back. But perverted hero wise good but average for me.
Not really. Are there good harem MC's who fight and stand up for their loved ones? Sure. But very few actually sacrifice that much for the heroine. That or the MC is already too powerful to begin with, so the reader can't see how the MC would react in a desperate situation. Having looked over my light novel library, I would probably only say that there is one only other MC that has guts on par with Issei and several that are respectable.

I'm not really sure. Part of the reason why DxD attracted a wave of people was because of it's unique ways of powering up. There has not been a single series I've read since or before that is the same. You may argue that the progression of the greater story is relatively normal; however, the specific plot progression and crucial events in each volume is truly unique. Dress Breaker, Bilingual, Tits God, Powering Up by Poking, Powering Up because of Extreme Lusts, Random Summons, Ruining the reputation of the Red Dragon Emperor. All of those (or similar events)... are not things you find in any other series.

Well, if you want a badass MC, you're in the right place. However, if you're talking "generic" plot, Hagure would be more of the same. More so than DxD, it follows the formula with a rough ending in sight. The reason I happen to really like Hagure is because it executes the formula better than a lot of other series.

Last edited by whsie; 2012-07-07 at 09:04.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote