Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 12:55   Link #1277
Sumeragi
Banned

I believe people have missed the point that it has been clearly defined Kokoro Connect contains four different arcs of quite different stories, each arc affecting the characters in a very different way. Furthermore, we have pretty much seen the first arc hit Iori hard, and the immediate second arc crushing Inaba-chan from the inside. Given the clearly defined boundaries and outline of the series, it is quite incomparable to the more hazy differentiations of other series.

Stemming from what has been clearly laid out to us from the beginning, it is hasty of a person to follow the logic of "how anime in general handles stories like this", especially when the current trajectory clearly shows we are dealing with the problems of each characters, including the male characters. What we have on our plate currently already overturns most of what "general anime" does, so additional knowledge (which I don't have, contrary to someone's claim) is not needed.

In essence, I am critizing the relative short-sightedness of people who are ignoring the clear prospectives of the story and thus going down the more popular line of thought. Basically, my posts is a critique of people's tendency to miss the big picture and jump to conclusions and criticism of series when there are noticable hints things will not be similar to other more general series.

Finally..... I wonder when people will stop saying "He".
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote