View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 23:13   Link #49
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
This will be the first election I vote in.
Congratulations. Voting is an fundamental importance to everything in society (whether you are an American or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Multiple polls show Fox News viewers are the most consistently misinformed. Plus, the culture of today's GOP seems to be convincing people that what's good for corporations is good for everybody (see Mitt Romney's recent "corporations are people my friend"), which is just factually a load of horsecrap.
I'm going to gently remind the posters that Fox News is not the point of this thread. Fox News is an inherently and intrinsically biased media organization. Their very mission statement is to report Conservative news. That is not surprising nor relevant. MSNBC and CNNs biases are also not surprising nor relevant. Even PBS is, even if only a little. The biases of the news and their viewers is irrelevant to the discussion of the candidates, their positions and policies (if any), and the overall election. This is not an Election Coverage discussion (and I at least wouldn't allow such a thread to be created).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Let me tell you where we'd be without all those social policies you claim to hate. The 1950, 1900s, or the 1890s. There.
To be fair, the 1950s saw the integration of the school systems and the 1890s and 1900s saw Teddy Roosevelt (and others) starting the Progressive Movement.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote