View Single Post
Old 2012-03-20, 18:25   Link #28201
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
In episode 5 Gaap tells Natsuhi she can hide Kinzo in a world where no one will ever find him when they talk about making him go missing. This is just a thought. But maybe he was hidden somewhere, or he was buried, but his body wasn't taken care of very well.

That could explain the smell when they burn his body too. ( though I guess it would smell either way ^^U) I don't know if it would be harder to burn an already rotting body or not, and it sounds gross. But it seems less complicated than mummifying him to me. And it wouldn't matter much how his body looked before, after Yasu burned it.
I wonder if the real original plan in Prime was really to declare Kinzo as a missing person or that's merely something made up for the convenience of the story.
Couldn't Nanjo simply declare him death then Krauss would have him burned (isn't the Japanese custom to burn the corpses or am I remembering wrong?) before the siblings could have a say in it saying 'it was father's will'?

Also, would the Prime siblings have required an autopsy/second autopsy?

For all we know they might have been informed Krauss was hiding Kinzo's death and have agreed with it at first... to argue in 1986 because they were in need of money.

But yes, this is just speculation.

Krauss and Natsuhi don't really need Kinzo's body around.
For them it would be easier to burn him and hide/bury his ashes somewhere... maybe where Krauss' mother was buried if she was buried on Rokkenjima.
It would be sort of more respectful as well than keeping a decomposing body around.

If the timeline we're given in the games is right back then Yasuda wasn't planning yet the mistery game so she too wouldn't need Kinzo's body around.
No reason for her to tell Genji 'pretend you've burned him and give Natsuhi the lungs and the liver of a boar in his place'.

Keeping Kinzo's body around is likely a meta trick to allow Kinzo's corpse to be around (and it's one I didn't like because it hamper rational reasoning as there's no logic way for which a decomposing body should be kept around) but it's unlikely Kinzo's body was kept around in Prime (unless it was Kinzo's will to be placed in a magic body preserving glass coffin he created or something equally unlikely as this).

There's another possibility though. Kinzo's sickness in Prime might have gotten so bad Kinzo's brain is not anymore capable of rational thoughts (while still capable to control body functions like heart beating or breathing) so 'Kinzo' is technically dead although is body is alive.
Krauss might be hiding Kinzo's mind isn't working anymore and the siblings might have thought instead he's hiding Kinzo's body's real death.

This would allow 'Kinzo' to be dead while his corpse is not so he would be 'kept around'.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote