View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 23:02   Link #94
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
I will just take this hypothetically, but what if Mashiro paints stuff (not manga) out of habit? It's something that she has been doing for years, and given a brush, maybe she just paints subconsciously?

I don't mean people would force her to paint in her early ages, it just that she was raised in an eviroment that painting is just a natural thing to do like eating and sleeping. Like when you're born in a musician family and surrounded by music, you somehow pick it up without caring too much about it, and in Shiina's case, she picked too much for her own good and became genius at it.

I'm not making any statement here, I'm just speacking hypothetically. And I really want to hear Shiina's take on this somewhere in the future, about her feeling of her past. For me, the anime only shown Mashiro as a very talented artist who loves painting and creating things, nothing on how she feels about her life as an artist or mangaka yet. (profession wise)
Why don't you look around for banner, signature picture, or avatars that impress you and ask the creator if they made it out of habit? It is extremely rare for impressive work of art to not be product of great deal of planning, preparation, trials, and much error.