View Single Post
Old 2013-06-23, 16:53   Link #144
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
All right, I concede my failure of this job hunting in biotech/medical field. It has been a long time and I still can't get a job. So now I think I need to think about looking for job in another field. A career change. How do people assess what they are going to do or what they can do for a different career? Is there a place for this or, I don't know, method? I imagine people don't just pull a career choice out of a hat and decide that, "this one, it is." Besides, I already fail one career--can't get a job. Now if I am going to build another one, I really need to be very careful this time around so I don't fail again.
College, life experiences/circumstances, friends, family, age, gender...a bunch of things assist people in choosing their career, for the most part at least. But if you are trying to search for your passion in the career setting, I would suggest going back to college if you're not. Imo that's the best way to figure out what you like and what you don't like.

For me, I never really wanted to do nursing until I started working in the hospital which eventually made me do it. Aside from nursing, I LOVE to learn about the mind (psychology). It's very interesting how it works, but I chose to stick to nursing (and of course it has higher job availability and pay haha)

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote