View Single Post
Old 2009-05-22, 01:40   Link #148
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Lots of people say that the whole mess could easily have been avoided if just one out of the main 5 characters had been honest and open with their feelings.

1. Kitamura: If his feelings for Sumire had been stated earlier, Taiga would know from Episode 1 that he was off-limits, and Sumire might have responded.

2. Minori: If she had admitted her growing feelings for Ryuuji, both of them would probably become a couple before the latter's relationship with Taiga progressed beyond friendship.

3. Taiga: If Taiga had been honest about her feelings when she realised her love for Ryuuji, there would be no hairclip-misunderstanding, no snow accident, etc.

4. Ryuuji: If he had taken the direct approach with Minori early in the series, or if he had revealed his new-found feelings for Taiga, a lot of things could have been avoided.

5. Ami: Less QQ, more pew pew. Danger avoided.

i agree with this 100%, i guess it couldn't be helped that they didnt have everyone open up their feelings or else there would be no series. but personally there were just too many 'face palm' moments to make this series truly a keeper

as other people have already mentioned, the first half of the series was absolutely great with setting up plot/characters etc. but as we got into the second half and the drama unfolded it was just too unbelievable for me. i could not come close to relating or even seeing those situations happening in real life at all