View Single Post
Old 2004-08-02, 16:28   Link #11
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo
I'm Canadian and proud to be. I'm just suprised that they choose Canada instead of USA because of my overdose of "USA is so great, other country sucks" and "God bless America".

But it would be great to have carabean island part of Canada. But Canada is not really a country, in my history class we learn that Canada is still a UK propriety, the fact is that we don't have a president but a prime minister. Or maybe the alliance will be only to annexe the island to Canada not to be owned by Canada.
i'm confuse now

Haha, your History teacher is a stupid, The Prime Minister is the exact same as a President, just different name. We have a parliament to make discitions, and also a senate (which shouldn't even exist) We are no way, governmentally, influenced by any european country. We became an official "Country" in 1867, the Queen has absolutely NO govt power here, only parliament, and the senate(damn I wish the senators would just die, they are all a bunch of rich snobs)

but back on topic, I think that would be cool to have the islands part of us, although that means more taxes They would probably become a territory, instead of a province.

Note: I really hate people who think that we aren't really a country, so that is why my post is not very well written, and yogo pogo, i wasn't referring to you as stupid, just your teacher.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote