View Single Post
Old 2010-01-01, 20:19   Link #93
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Changing sub font

Since it's related , I'll post it here.

I convert my videos with mkv2vob. Works fine and the files play on my PS3. The quality is awesome, too.
Only one thing I don't like: The font of the subtitles or should I say the lack of an outline. They are simply white. And that makes them hard to read on light background. Is there a setting in mkv2vob that I'm missing that would convert the subs with the original (good to read) font? Or is it possible to edit the sub of the mpg file and edit an black outline myself? Or do I need another program entirely?

Here are my configs, if it matters:
Spoiler for mkv2vob config:

Thanks in advance for any help

Edit:

Apparently my problem is that mkv2vob converts the .SRT file instead of using the .ASS sub with the fonts. what is really a shame since the program works good and fast. And it's so damn comfortable D:

Since I didn't find a solution I tried the alternate guide from the first page (the one using mkvtoolnix and PS3 Video 9)and created a mp4 file succesfully. The .ass sub is fine now, but now it won't play on my PS3, woot XD It says the data isn't compatible. Did I encode something with Video 9 that I wasn't supposed to?

I was also asking myself if it's possible to convert my videos with mkv2vob (since it was way faster, with same bitrate) to m2ts and add the subs after? Extracting them works fine with mkvtoolnix (even the fonts are extractable).

Last edited by zebra; 2010-01-03 at 19:25.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote