View Single Post
Old 2010-11-15, 02:33   Link #1092
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Lots of foolishly foolish foolishness going on here.

Anyway, I may have never followed the Transformers all too much, but somehow, I could tell that it was very well tailored to it's fans. There's a whole lot of little touches that make it feel like a retro throwback, specifically those hilariously cheesy laser guns. PEW PEW!!
Also, have this:

but enough of that, how 'bout that 2nd part?
One thing I know about Gainax is their affinity with Giant Robots, but if there is one other thing I associate them with, that would be fanservice.

Most other shows with blatant fanservice resort to "neko meidos" or accidental gropings to please their audience.
But not Gainax; they don't do any of that. They make their fanservice into an artform. Besides the montage of countless outfits (fanartists are gonna go crazy with this) causing mass pileups and elderly stripshows, the final stripping scene delivered plenty of cheesecake without breaking the moment, like a lot of fanservicey moments do. It was absurd, but felt like a natural progression of sorts; at least in the context of these girls anyway.

Final word: Kneesocks is adorable in a moustache, and Brief getting Panty's panties, assuming he won that auction, will become a plot device later on. Calling it here.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote