View Single Post
Old 2006-06-19, 00:41   Link #72
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I feel a 10 should still be there as a reminder of the concept of perfection and how it should be strived to be attained for even though it is difficult if not impossible, without the possibility of achieving total perfection there would be nothing to strive for and we wouldn't have shows as good as Haruhi, Eureka 7, or in my opinion Zeta Gundam.

Anyway back to discussion, I can't help but feel each episode of the series is just too compressed down when converted from novel to anime. I got that feeling the most with episode 11 which led me to be disappointed with what I saw as Kyoto Animation taking the Fan Service route with Day of Sagitarius and showing the characters doing a whole bunch of parodies of classic sci-fi epics instead of focusing on the plot. There were a lot of aspects of the original chapter such as Yuki's dillema in not cheating and Haruhi's show of mercy towards the Computer club president that were barely glazed over in the anime.

Also if people haven't realized by now I tend to be a pessimist who points out the shortcomings of things where few people notice them. I have a keen eye for flaws and weaknesses that I tend to focus in on and analyze, in a sense I am the Thomas Hobbes of AnimeSuki. Sorry to be such a downer.

Finally first person who dares compare Basara to Haruhi gets taken down hard with a page long essay, you have been warned, muhahahahaha..... However comparing Haruhi to Mylene is fair game.