View Single Post
Old 2008-03-25, 16:59   Link #210
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
Did anyone else notice that at 4:30 of this episode, Shin said to himself "What was she saying? I was the one who superimposed Jibeta with myself. I was the one who did'nt realize Jibeta's strength".

Shin basically admitted that he represented himself as Jibeta at some point. I know there was a debate in episode 11 about who Jibeta was supposed to represent but here Shin is telling us that he "superimposed Jibeta" with himself. The writers might have given an element of foreshadowing by having Noe fall off the tree to parallel Jibeta's fall in episode 11, but at the time Shin was thinking of himself as Jibeta and not Noe because he "superimposed Jibeta" with himself.

With that being said, while I think the interpretations for Raigomaru and Jibeta in episodes 9-11 were valid for those episodes, episode 12 brought another shift in his thinking as he watched and listened to Noe at the beginning of the episode. Since she jumped off the tree at the end of the episode and the preview has Noe saying "Shinichiro said that I can fly", Shin likely has given up on the association of Jibeta and himself, and instead probably associates Jibeta with Noe now.

So now Shin is stuck with Raigomaru as representing him wanting to fly. Without using Jibeta as a separate representation of his feelings, I think it has evolved to the point where Raigomaru can represent him flying to either Hiromi or Noe because he has reconciled his separate feelings in Raigomaru and Jibeta into just Raigomaru.
I wanted to get to this issue next, since it does seem like the chickens are coming home to roost (no pun intended ) with respect to the Raigomaru/Jibeta impressions that we began to establish in the last episode discussion.

As with everything else you point out and as ani_d pointed out, we're going to find out where all of this has led Shin in episode 13 and perhaps find out the final interpretations of the events and symbols employed earlier.

I don't really have much to add to your interpretation since you covered all of the points I'd imagine we got out of episode 12. There isn't too much to question since now that the Raigomaru/Jibeta issue has resolved, it's just a matter of who he'll fly for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
We've seen Hiromi, Aiko, and Jun cry. Both Shin and Noe have not cried. Shin's own tears are probably what is needed for Noe to be able to cry again.
Yes, we've only seen "fake tears" from Shin (I think?). Shin and Noe's "true tears" are going to take center stage in episode 13.