View Single Post
Old 2012-01-21, 14:23   Link #98
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-You know, looking at the two of them, Kurama and Naruto's situation evokes a folk story I heard once. A young traveling merchant encountered an ill-meaning nine-tailed fox. However, the merchant was able to get a hold of the "orb" it carried (the source of its power and life). The fox begged the merchant to return it, promising eternal companionship/loyalty and prosperity for the merchant and his descendants. The merchant showed kindness and returned the orb, when he could have easily killed the creature. The fox remained true to its word, and from that day forward, never left the merchant's side.

-I can understand people finding this development a bit rushed but I think people are forgetting some factors that worked towards this change, however abrupt.

-One of them was Killer Bee and his relationship with the Hachibi (I really want to know his name now). Killer Bee demonstrated that not only could a jinchuuriki and their bijuu work well together, but they could also be friends/comrades something which both Naruto and Kurama took note of.

-Another was Naruto conquering his own hatred/anger/darkness. Doing so naturally allowed him to gain some perspective on Kurama's situation. After all, if he can let go of his inner "demons", then there's no reason Kurama, who's obviously intelligent, couldn't learn to do the same or at least acknowledge a possiblity.

-Finally, the two of them have been in battle non-stop since entering the 2nd day of the war, with each battle escalating in stakes very quickly. I dunno, something tells me relationships develop fast when you're under constant enemy threat. And when said threat is equivalent to "you die, then the world goes all chicken-in-the-rain".

-As mentioned before, I loved this chapter. Its what I've been waiting for to happen for years. But I can see why others are having a bit of trouble accepting it. Fortunately, this is most likely only one step to where Naruto and Kurama ultimately end up. Let's just see where it goes ok?