View Single Post
Old 2010-04-28, 22:57   Link #22
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Gee... am I the only guy here who has dated a Tsundere and enjoyed it?

Sure getting to know her is a real pain, but once you know her buttons it's a blast. You lead the conversation so you can make a comment that you know will set her off. She starts raging at you and you just play along until you can't hide your smile anymore. You start grinning and she's all confused, but then she starts to get that you've been doing this on purpose (you need a smart Tsundere, dumb Tsundere are no fun at all), then of course she's even madder at you (but usually more willing to forgive).

So then you become all contrite on her while making comments about how she's too much fun (and cute when she's angry- they hate that comment). Once she's starting to cool down a bit you hit her with an embarrassing compliment (I found that telling her she's got "a cute butt" seems very effective) and just watch her turn bright red and start stammering before walking off in a huff.

It's a blast... once you know where the danger lines are and once she knows you are going to stick around and aren't trying to use her. Of course, learning where those danger lines are and earning her trust in the first place- that's not nearly as much fun. I guess most guys aren't willing to put in the effort.

That and it requires a lot of self-confidence as a guy to deal with a Tsundere, and most guys who have that confidence are jerks who don't really care about the girl. Essentially you need a guy who is self-confident, kind, and has a warped sense of humor to boot.

If you want to see an anime that depicts more of what a real Tsundere romance is like (rather than the exaggerated ones like Louise and Saito) watch Cross Game.

Aoba is a lot like a real life Tsundere, and Kou is basically the exact type of guy that can handle one. (As opposed to the more common male leads of idiots and/or perverts).

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote