View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 12:52   Link #89
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Sekai continues to be my favorite. She just made mistakes. No-one deserves to die, but Makoto was a total pr**k: weak, selfish, and cruel. Kotonoha unfortunately went mad about halfway through the series. It took Sekai until the end. The other girls were just shounen wish-fulfilment. Not that the whole show wasn't. And I believe Sekai was probably pregnant. At a month, there is just about no way Katsura could tell. In any case, she certainly believed she was pregnant. This is a show with a black soul and a nasty little heart. I loathed it -- but it worked, and I watched it to the end, lol.

It definitely has nothing whatsoever to do with shoujo. Shounen romance with violence and ugliness. Shoujo romance is usually better than this, with better characterization and truer romance. The wish-fulfilment there is for girls rather than guys.
Oh, I believe shoujo material could be just as ugly and messy. My understanding from fangirls I talk to, is that physical violence is less frequent in shoujo but people could just as frequently be destroyed. Instead of being physically killed however, they are more likely to be broken physcologically.