View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 13:15   Link #97
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
Where were the good ones? The death flags were nonstop, starting from the lemonade quote.
"death" flag, i meant those leading to such bad end, turning either girl crazy enough to do a murder.
The only true DEATH flag were probably the affair with Otome, the bonfire, Kotonoha being abused by Taisuke, and Kotonoha soulless appearance.
Even that, it could end without any death, but not necesseraly happily.
The definite death flag was the horrible pack in episode 11.

and no, even with the camera incident, it could end well.
Quote:
I don't see how this wasn't conclusive, graphic violence or not.

Also, about the reliance on graphic violence... This is anime, after all. If there is graphic violence to show, then why not show it? Artsy actings should be left to plays and other shows that took an entirely superartistic approaches throughout. In an anime filled with hyperbolic scenarios such SD, the final scenes seemed perfectly fitting.
The problem isn't the fact it was violent or not. the problem was the execution and the aftermath.
The plot didn't resolve the issue, as instead of giving up/turning the page, or win makoto's "heart" for good, it resulted into the suppression of the issue itself.
The fact Makoto was killed didn't resolve the issues, and as seen with kotonoha, she is still in that state etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Assuming she wasn't completelylying, Sekai likely had Pseudocyesis, or "False Pregnancy". This is a psychological condition which could be brought about by anxiety and/or a strong desire to be pregnant. Nearly every symptom of pregnancy could be falsified this way. She wanted to be pregnant so much that her body believed her, and release the hormones accordingly.
The thing is that her "pregnancy" popped on her, without her realizing or wishing for it. She got "deredere" only some time after this. But her first reaction wasn't exactly positive. It might be unconscious, but well...
Quote:
But as I said, I believe she really wasn't pregnant purely because the story's ending is more dramatic this way. This is a story, so story-telling should be the priority. And what's the point of "It's a lie" otherwise? Every line should have meaning.
The thing is that you can't exactly buy anything a character claim, especially how kotonoha was.
She was even saying "there isn't anyone inside". Even though Kotonoha isn't idiot, it shouldn't be that "easy", especially in earlier stage of pregnancy to notice the foetus, while butchering the abdomen...