View Single Post
Old 2009-03-04, 22:18   Link #2587
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats
Adding links to a forum signature image is bad
Why? Each image in my signature is linked to a page at Wikipedia. I don't really see what's wrong with that. If you hover over the images and look at the browser's status bar, it tells you exactly where you'd go, and in my case, it tells you the name of each linked show as well. I don't wave any flags that say, "mouse over these images to see where they lead," but I thought some folks might stumble upon the links as they moved the mouse around.

I'm also not sure I understand Aoie_Emesai's question exactly either, but if you're asking about the equivalent of an HTML image map with different active areas, as far as I know escimo is right, you can't define maps in bbcode.

That was my first idea when I wanted to have a signature composed of multiple images with links. I then tried putting the images in table cells, but there's no way to set the cell padding and spacing values to zero. Instead, at xris's suggestion I recall, I tried simply concatenating the images, making sure there's no extra space between them like this:

[url="image link_url"][IMG]image_url[/IMG][/url][url="next_image_link_url"][IMG]next_image_url[/IMG][/url]

Rinse and repeat.

In the case of a single signature image, you'd have to divide the image into pieces then use the technique above to reassemble the image with links to the various locations.

Perhaps this discussion should migrate over to the Feedback forum if it goes on much longer?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote