Thread: Licensed Nurarihyon no Mago
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-13, 05:23   Link #733
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
This is probably intended to be a calm before the storm / character building period before the final battle
Looks to me like he is taking a break and planning the plot of the next arc (which seems to be about Hyakku Monogatari: both Tsurara arc and Toryanse arc hinted at them and the current XX Village Arc is an Urban Legend as well and thus probably also connected to Hyakku Monogatari).

Also, the format fits Hyakku Monogatari which literally means "100 Tales" (lets hope that does not mean 100 mini arcs XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board
I think the author knows that too, but he probably has a clear time table in contract and he knows when this series will end
A series in Shounen Jump ends when either:

1. The ratings and Tankobon sales are bad and the mangaka is forced to end it - not gonna happen because the sales are going well and we wouldn't have mini-arcs now if the Editorial Department told him that he must end it soon

2. The manga was being published for a long time and both Editors and the Mangaka agree that continuing would be stretching the story - Nura is still too young, we have at least two major villains that need to be defeated and there is still a lot of Japanese Folklore that can be used

In summary: I doubt even mangaka knows when he will be allowed to end it.