View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 14:32   Link #272
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Given what we've seen of people on the other side of the gate I wouldn't be surprised if they don't actually have the power to open them and that was something that was left behind by some other race ages ago. The Emperor's wizards just found out a way to activate that one and it led to Japan. I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a way of turning it off either.
Yes, but every country on Earth has seen FAR less than what we have seen. At this point not even the Japanese know the mechanics behind the gate opening, how controllable it is, or how replica-table the effects are.

Until the mechanics of the gate are understood, this is really somewhat of a global security issue for every nation on earth.

edit: Something else to consider is that right now the JSDF is limited to exploring a what looks to be a single continent. While the JSDF is doing good against the local continents super power, that doesn't mean comparatively that they're the strongest power on the planet.

(I.E. Maybe the Empire doesn't have thousands of warriors as good as Rory, but what about the people living on the other side of the planet?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i don't think the story actually touch on this yet. Did the Empire open the Gate with its own power or did they discover the Gate?

The location of the Gate to me seem as if someone else left it and the Empire stumble on to it and manage to figure out how to open it.
Even if they MERELY discovered the gate...they had to know quite a bit about it.

I mean think about it. They sent a prepared army through the gate...with a bloody edict of conquest. That suggests they were very much aware that what they were going through a gate that lead to another world, that they could make their way back through the gate. You wouldn't do any of this without prior knowledge of the gates mechanics.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote