View Single Post
Old 2011-11-09, 14:16   Link #52
hyl
reading #hikaributts

2011 had lot's of disappointing series and i think it had more of them compared to 2010.
A selection of what i found disappointing so far (not included anime from this season and animes that were intentional bad, like Softenni or Rio Rainbow gate )

A channel:It looked almost like another Moe serie that tried to mimick K-on and the jokes weren't that funny.
Ao no Excorcist : the last few episodes were a complete mess, because it was trying to make an anime original ending just like the 2003 FMA
Baka Test 2: it's less funny and it has less action than season 1. It simply didn't live to the expections after the decent first season.
C: Settings were nice, but the plot ended being bad. I learned more economics from Moshidora than from this serie that used economical terms nonsensically.
Also the fight with the guy with the Angel asset was just horrible. He was defeated off screen using a crippled Msyu, while he was completely dominating the fight before with a huge intimidating Angel.
Dantalian no Shoka: i expected a serie like Gosick, but i got to see more boring and less clever anime with a focus supernatural themes and stories. And the characters in this one weren't that interesting as the one in Gosick.
Dog Days: I expected much more from the creators of Nonoha and the anime wasted such a good seiyuu cast for this mediocre anime.
Fractale: i don't think i can add anything what hasn't been said
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi: After what Zecxs did with their previous LN adaptions, i should not have had too much hope for this one. But i got suckered in and disappointed again.
Hidan no Aria :The last time that JC staff had an anime with both Kugimya Rie and Junji Majima , it ended being one of my favorite animes. But this one was just average in every aspect.
Hoshizora e kakaru hashi: another ruined Eroge/VN adaption with hardly any character development and story. Also the main heroine that was choosen for the ending was really questionable.
Idolmaster anime: Eventhough it's still ongoing and i am sure lot's of people like it, but as someone who did play the games i find this adaption quite disappointing. The characters have their game quirks and personaility, but some of the personaility quirks are much more exaggerated compared to the game. Also the idol's backstories were poorly handled.
I actually know someone in real life who is a diehard Im@s fan (a certain idiot who owns all of the im@s live blu ray concerts and bought 10 months ago a japanese xbox360 just for Im@s2. Also he recently bought the limited edition version of the ps3 game ), who dropped the series at pretty much the beginning, because he thought that the anime did a poor job accurately portraying the idols.
Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai: personally i think both seasons failed compared to the manga. The anime added too much useless scenes and at some times it ruined other scenes by skipping some elements or by explaining too much.
Kamasama Dolls: The last few episodes were actually quite nice, unfortunately most people would have dropped this serie because the first 8 or 9 episodes weren't that interesting
Yumekui Merry: it has a really good episode 1 in my opinion, but like most anime adaptions of mangas that are still ongoing it ruined he story of the original by adding too much anime original elements. I don't mind anime original ideas, but they have to be well executed and in this case it was not. Mystletainn was a horrible last villain.

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-09 at 14:55. Reason: added more disappointing series and rants
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote