Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-15, 03:51   Link #180
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
People mostly hate Taichi for his cold behavior towards Arata, especially as a kid when he stole his glasses.
Not only that, he also had a girlfriend (which people brought up a lot and by a lot I mean after every episode )and yet he still went on a trip with Chihaya and tried to grab her hand. There was also the lack excitement about the karuta club and people felt he was in the way.

Really, with the exception of a handful of people, majority of the Taichi fans became fans of him after the character development kicked in.

Which is why I find the accusation of double standards funny because if you compare early Taichi with early Sumire (which you should be doing as comparing as Sumire is at the moment a 2D character and Taichi isn't) than the level of hate they're getting is roughly the same.

Ultimately though I feel like the entire thing just boils down to shipping. And I do think Sumire is introduced to keep us second guessing about Chihaya/Taichi/Arata triangle and to create a potential other romantic interest for Taichi. Arata at this point already has one, actually he has two.