Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-27, 23:12   Link #1731
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The flashback of Miho's fight against Pravda explains what happened leading up to her transferring to Ooarai. It also tells us what a poor tactical move she made. You never move into tight terrain like that unless you're certain that there are no enemies in the vicinity. If they're there, then they will pick your entire force off while you're unable to respond or even to retreat properly. Miho should have sent a Pz. III ahead of the main group, and only have followed up when the path was clear. On the other hand, her rescue of the submerged Pz. III is commendable - any other action is unconscionable.
funny how you're so fast on blaming Miho on that sequence when you yourself indicated you don't even know the situation involving that event, or if even Maho was there. Sure Miho's a tank commander of the flag tank to boot, but it's not like she's the Main commander. Scouting, Terrain studies, and Tactics/strategy involving the whole platoon would be the purview of the Main commander. And if you think them being in that place was poor judgement then that falls on Maho too.

blame would fall on Miho if she insisted on this certain strategy/tactic against the advice of Maho, or worse if she acted without the knowledge/consent of Maho (doubtful with Miho's personality), but both would be strange since they do have radio, you know. All in all ultimate responsibility falls with Maho, as with anyone who's ever been with the military knows there is such a thing as COMMAND RESPONSIBILITY and with good reasons too.

All in all there's not enough info about the event to lay blame on anyone, but Command responsibility puts it on Maho. But i don't think it's even that important for the plot or the show. In fact never in the Show was it ever hinted that Maho and her family ever blamed Miho for any tactical error, or even for the loss (she blames herself though). All their dialogues seems to indicate they were disappointed only because Miho ran away from Senshado and the family instead of accepting that loss and moving forward.

Quote:
I'd blame Miho. Even if Maho gave the overall order to advance along the river, Miho still had the authority to decide how to advance. The route might be just a map feature for Maho, but someone who can see the terrain would know just what a bad idea is. Scrubbing the advance altogether isn't a bad idea, but even just sending a scout would have done wonders.
And here you're even insulting Maho, what kind of Proper Commander from a well known martial family/school, with 9 straight winning record wouldn't even know how to properly assess terrain with a proper map. If it is as you say things on the map is "just a feature" for Maho. Then more so the blame would fall on her. what? she never learned how to properly read terrain maps? I sure would not want to be under a field commander like that.

Quote:
Even so, they still talk about tanks in almost every scene.
well sure what else would they talk about ,it is Girls und Panzer right, it would be strange if they would start talking about mahjong (nyahaha just thought about Saki) . Still,I threw away Science concerns to a bare minimum ever since episode 1 or else i would never enjoy this. Giant carriers? Girls fighting with live tank ammos all the while staying outside the hatch? Spectators with little children on the streets and sidewalks during a match?oh come on! well i still like the show
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote