Thread: Licensed Ano Natsu de Matteru
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 16:51   Link #1047
warita
Dai-Youkai

Comparing the two series Onegai sensei and sempai.... I cant help but observe a certain shift in the japanese culture in what is considered sexualy attractive.

In older series it was often stressed how sexy adult women look and not teenage girls. When thinking of this, I have to always think about a scene from great teacher Onizuka, where he and some of his male students entered the house of a female teacher and snoop in her drawers and the boys are a bit taken aback by Onizukas antics and he says with a knowing tone in his voice: "Arent you guys interested what the apartment of a mature woman looks like?", of course implying with it that its adult women who are really sexy.

There are a few similar examples in different anime oldies..... but that has disappeared completely now. And sensei was replaced by sempai.... she is still older, hence sempai, but not an adult woman anymore.

Now, dont get me wrong, of course young girls are sexy.... but I still cant help but feel sligthly upset by this change. Its like once you are past your teen years, you are just second best.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote