View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 04:14   Link #14
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well, in answering this thread the main thing for me looking forward to a series before it began airing. Interestingly, the three choices I gave were (are, in one case) all been watched by me, but the most difficult thing was that I felt they all were not given the attention and care they deserved.

The few that come to mind are:

1). Kamisama Hajimemashite. Perhaps part of the reason why this has without a doubt been the most disappointing series for me this year is because I love everything about the manga - really love it, in fact. And for me both the low production values and the way-to-fast pace of the eps, the story and the conversation was (and remains) incredibly frustrating to me. In my opinion they should have made this one a 24-26 ep series and given it the careful, loving attention to detail it both deserved and slow things down to the pace of the manga more - again, just my personal taste, of course, but there you have it.

2). Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate. Another series that I felt should have been given 24-26 eps and been told with a slower and more detailed examination of the characters, situation and the rest. It felt too rushed. I enjoyed the ED, but the OP for me just didn't capture the feel the series' eps conveyed....

3). Kore wa Zombie desu ka: of the dead. I thought the number of eps was okay, but wish there was more of a story. It felt like there was no point to much of ... well ... anything. A pity as I personally really, really like the character and story of Eu.