View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 19:42   Link #486
Tammuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Luckily, I was being serious- I try not to crack jokes when it comes to proper literature.
You, my good sir and/or ma'am, have just made a friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I haven't had a copy of Catcher in the Rye for years and years now. However, Aesop's Fables is still mine! Barnes & Nobles to the rescue for my US trip; we don't generally have tons of deals on books here.
Why not just order your books from Amazon? Or the Barnes & Noble website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Have you read all of Agatha Christie's books? I have all her books-they are tattered and read to shreds, but the beauty lying within it has never aged a day. For some reason, I prefer "timeless books" such as Dickens, Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen to be in used condition. The more battered and tattered it is, the better. I suppose it could be because these books are not affected by the passage of time, and the used condition seems to imply that you are keeping a treasure. Sorry I am rambling off here K thanx bye.
I've read almost everything involving Poirot, but unfortunately, the majority of them were library books, so I do not OWN a decent collection of Christie's books. It's the collector in me, I have to have physical copies >>
And rambling? Not at all. Or, rather, if that was rambling it certainly didn't bother me. I like how you phrased the underlined portion.

Well, I've finished "The Green Child" (and subsequently discovered a Plant Girl fetish), and am about to break open "No Longer Human"- as well as the aforementioned bottle of Jäger. Which means, sadly, that all articulate comments will end here.

I'll leave the both of you with a piece of advice: Used book stores as well as antique store's can be literary treasure troves for those with a sharp eye.
Tammuz is offline   Reply With Quote