View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 15:35   Link #23
vashhybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
If you liked the visuals of High School dxd, why don't you check out High School of the Dead? Pure fan service, but I thought the story/romance was pretty good in addition to the animation (then again, it kinda looks like their skin is all slippery like plastic lolz).

Oh yeah, you never really listed any specific genre, or are you just simply interested in good animation?
I didn't really care for the visuals or animation in Highschool DxD at all, but it did have a couple off nice scenes, especially the opening scene for the show. I don't mean the intro, but when the stores starts and Issei is bleeding to death. I tried to find a video of it, but no luck. This is the closest I could find, the scene starts at about 15 second in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8wHF8bOp68

And from what I remember, Highschool of the Dead looked nice, but as I said in another post, some of the fan service was too much for more. I hate it when they make characters look like they're all oiled up and shiny, like the newer Dragon Ball Z animations that have been coming out. Over half of their body is reflecting light! I'll see if I can find a link to show you what I mean.

I can't find the exact video I was thinking of, but this is close enough. It's from an OVA released last year where Bardock goes Super Saiyan, although I think the DBZ cast had been getting shinier and shinier since around 08/09.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsCAB4i1-8E

And to answer your question, I'm just curious about the better animated works out there, and about learning of good and popular studios and directors. If I had to pick though, to emphasize the personality of the characters I'd probably enjoy romantic/comedy with a good bit of drama and good character development or an action/drama that really pulls you into the story and gets you emotionally invested in the characters.

Like I said in my first post though, I don't want to be too specific and ask for too much, especially considering this is my first post here! I don't want to be rude after all. There's ample time to create or join in on as many threads as needed to sate my appetite for anime that appeals to my many tastes.

Last edited by vashhybrid; 2012-08-13 at 17:23. Reason: Link added
vashhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote