View Single Post
Old 2007-09-09, 13:28   Link #237
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
These errors are sad...
by the way, the japanese editors were really lazy too, with all they did to the manga.
Calling Boku a male, changing names and stuff, losing original work...
Well, I'm not really apar with the situation of Peach-Pit at the moment, so I can't really say much. I'm trying to avoid spoiling myself out of the manga, so I'm not really reading this topic in full until I get my hands on the last volumes. And what do you mean "Calling Boku a male?" That they say Sousei-seki is a guy or that she uses "boku" when she's referring to herself?

If it's the latter, then it's not actually a mistake but just a different way of portraying the character. I don't know of many other characters who do that, but Tokyo Majin's Sakurai also speaks of herself in the "boku" manner, along with Higurashi's Furude Rika. I don't know the reason behind that, but perhaps using "boku" is a characteristic of stronger, more male-like characters. ( Not the case with Rika, but it holds true to the other two. )

@RozenMaidenSK:

Don't worry about it. And nope, as far as I know ( not much, so enlighten me if anyone saw the same mistakes in the japanese versions ), they're errors only found in the english version of the manga by Tokyopop.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote