View Single Post
Old 2007-11-16, 05:27   Link #52
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Suddenly, this show is a lot more interesting. Hasn't this show taken a dark turn. I don't think it's likely this will go down the School Days path, but I'm slightly regretting scoffing at all the School Days comparisons earlier on, since it isn't as totally impossible now as I thought it was just even last week.

I'm still forming my opinion on this show, but this ep, particularly the drastic change in tone, was rather unexpected. I don't think this is either good or bad, but it does have my attention now, so it deserves compliments for that. There were a few interesting things to pop up in this episode, such as Shuuri's relationship with her family, particularly her step-mother, Nanaka's jealousy spawned from a misunderstanding and the creeeeepy sadistic (or so we think) grandmother and while two out of three of these things are cliches to this genre, and the other is not so much a cliche, but not entirely innovative either, they're all still really interesting (if over-the-top) plotlines.

I thought I knew where this anime was going, but now I'm not so sure. This ep is a welcome curveball.