View Single Post
Old 2011-11-19, 14:14   Link #2463
Amaterasu1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Speaking of drones, how about that Garden of Time?

Precia was apparently finacially well-off, but there's no way she had the money or the inclination to create an entire space station for a home. To say nothing of how the TSAB probably doesn't allow single civilians to create space-stations equipped with robot defense forces.

(Not unless the TSAB is privately funding the civilian, anyway.)

I wonder if the Garden of Time isn't a Midchildan remnant of the Sankt Kaiser Reunification era; a space station that was created to guard Midchilda from its enemies.

That would help explain why it looks so damn old, settled and overgrown in the movie manga, and in Fate's dream of "what if my sister never died". I'm guessing the fortress was damaged and got scuttled on planet.

As for why Precia is allowed to live there, perhaps her ancestors were nobility and the Garden of Time was their domain. So, as long as she abided by TSAB requirements to disable or disarm certain weapon systems, the TSAB would not evict her and scrap the whole thing for parts.

Yet she somehow got her hands on a Lost Logia capable of powering the whole place back up*, and when she was declared a Dimensional Criminal, she decided to take the Garden of Time and hightail it into the Dimensional Sea to avoid capture and continue working on Alicia's resurrection.

*That non-Jewel Seed gem thing that Nanoha sealed in the Garden of Time, after splitting up with Fate.
Sorry, no. It's not a space station. It was the family home. You seem to have forgotten that Precia was an SS-rank mage with a specialty in dimensional magic. She dimension shifted the whole thing off the surface of Midchilda into a pocket dimension.