View Single Post
Old 2009-04-18, 20:10   Link #363
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Here's a question that I am curious to know everyone's answer to.

In terms of the art style between One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach, which art style do you like best?

For me, it's One Piece hands down, followed by Naruto and then Bleach. As I've said before, Oda's designs are very eccentric (one can argue against this with his female designs though ) and because of that all of his characters really stand out and are differentiated very well from one another. If you were to shave everyone's head bald in One Piece, you would be able to tell who's who; whereas for Naruto and Bleach on the other hand, there will definitely be some confusion discerning who's who since a lot of the designs are very generic and similar to one another (a lot of characters have almost the exact same face).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
I like all three each has there own style but none are ugly.
Good. Nice topic to bring up, Blackbeard D. Kuma. Relieving the boredom. Now, seeing as I kind of didn't bother to read any of the other posts past Phen, I'll just put my own opinion on the art up.

My favourite art style is the One Piece art style, but the BEST style is the Bleach art from the first 200 chapters or so. Not trying to get on your nerves Phen, but recently, Kubo has downgraded the quality of his art SEVERELY.

I actually learned a lot of stuff about anatomy and how to draw from Kubo. In the first few chapters of Bleach, his art style as literal PERFECTION. He has REAL talent for drawing. Actually, the thing that attracted me to bleach was his art style.

Evidence of Kubo's apparent increasing loss of interest in his current manga series is the fact that he is rapidly beginning to draw like crap.

I'll use Matsumoto as an example.

She first appears in Chap 80 pg 22. Please go look.
Now read any recent chapter in the current 'war'. Let me suggest Ch 333. you could start from page 14.

I'm sure you were just like: WHOA!!!! What a difference!!! You'd never even think it was the same person drawing!!!

The second best is Naruto, and the third best is One Piece.

My second favourite is Naruto, and my third fav is Bleach's current style.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.