View Single Post
Old 2010-09-27, 00:25   Link #11028
DangerMouse

Great to see Sumeragi getting a lot of well deserved support!

Hmm, I also expected Feldt and Marina to be swapped, not only do we always hear how popular Feldt is but she was actually pretty great and put through so much especially at the end of S1 and her development through both seasons was quite good for a non-commander bridge character, which usually get minimal screen time, so I think she'd be the more endearing with all that stuff we saw her go through post S2 and leading into the movie, maybe she usually is just not on this ranking.

Man, not that it's surprising but Marie really must have brought Soma down with her, I thought I remember her being quite high up in the rankings when she was kicking ass with the great Sergei, not really surprising though since she did indeed wane for a while, which also likely brought Al/Hal down, until she re-captured some of her Soma side later on.

Setsuna's expected, I really liked his character as a lead.

Neil's still a total hit this long after S1, they really did a great job on him so Lyle getting 6 is actually not shabby at all, Lyle had a good season and a pretty great finish at the end, I think he was better than a lot of people were expecting.

That's true, Tieria was surprisingly great, I can't remember for sure but aside from learning about his secrets, I think he was actually one of the ones I was worried about how interesting he'd be at the beginning LOL.

Yeah, even with only minutes of screen time towards the end Hal's that close to the top 10, he totally would have broken into it if he'd have come back earlier.

Still gotta admit Al/Hal being so low still is kinda surprising even if he took a back seat for a while after they did a large portion of his story early in S2, it weakened his popularity a little more than I expected.

LOL, Haro was great again in S2 but he probably scored higher in S1 with the extra amount of lovable scenes like the one near the water on that beach/island, not to mention the utterly powerful scene of him coming back with the wrecked Dynames...it'll be hard to forget that scene even for a long time to come.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2010-09-27 at 00:36.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote