View Single Post
Old 2007-01-07, 14:13   Link #36
JPNK

Oh, so thats how you do it.

I was able to figure out most (if not all) of Akane's moves. She uses tonfa, and those are awesome. the [,] will be called the A button, [.] will be B, and [/] will be C. [\] will just be Child.
Quote:
Directional Keys : Move
Forward - Forward : Dash
Back - Back : Dodge Backwards
Up : Jump
Up - Up : Swing tonfa horizontally, hovering in mid-air. Releasing Up and pressing Up again while still in the air will continue the hover.
After being knocked down, as soon as you hit the ground, pressing A+(Left or Right) will result in a quick recover.

A : Punch. This can be repeated, and the move does not change
B : Swing. A horizontal swing of the tonfa.
B - B : Pressing it twice with do a horizontal swing and then a vertical swing.
C : Upward swing.
Down - A : Low Punch. Just like the regular
Down - B : Low Kick.
Down - C : Low Swing
Up - A : Kick (in the air)
Up - B : Horizontal Swing (in the air)
Up - C : Downward Swing (in the air)

A+B : Dodge. You will dodge toward your opponent, so if you are right next to them you will end up behind them. They can hit you still, so its basically only for movement.
A+C: Nothing. You will just do the basic punch.
B+C: Jump Strike. After a low jump you will hit them with the tonfa
Down - Forward - A (or B or C) : A circular swing of the tonfa. Pressing A (or B or C) again will do another circular swing with the opposite hand, and pressing A (or B or C) for a third time will do a swing with both hands at the same time.

Hold Forward - Down - Forward - A (or B or C) : A jumping circular swing (my favorite move). Hold down forward so you are moving, and then Down - Forward - A (or B or C) in quick succession.

Down - Back - A : A circular swing of the tonfa resulting in a short whirlwind, sending the opponent upwards.
Down - Back - B : A circular swing of the tonfa resulting in a medium whirlwind, sending the opponent upwards.
Down - Back - C : A circular swing of the tonfa resulting in a long whirlwind, sending the opponent upwards.

Child : Call Harry to roar at the opponent, sending them backwards, but doing no damage.
Down - Forward - Child : Call Harry to roar at the opponent, stunning them in place for a short period of time, doing a small amount of damage. While they are stunned, you can get off a short combo.
That should be it, but there might be more. Also, I have seen the computer use something I can only describe as a grab/throw. When they do it, you are temporarily immobile, blue sparks appear from your location, and they do a short 2-3 hit combo and then you are sent flying. Has anyone been able to do this?