View Single Post
Old 2011-12-13, 17:52   Link #2195
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Exactly.. In the context of Seed! Her reaction to the death of her sister made absolutely no sense, completely out of character. in the context of Seed! The only female soldier in CE that would react the way Luna did is probably Shiho. (Because she looks like Yzak!)
What context? And please explain how it is out of her character. Luna had been shown to be the one that obeys orders and is loyal to ZAFT (Rey is loyal to Durnadall, big difference) and doesn't act much on emotions unlike Shinn, she's not completely cold like Rey but is rational enough that she can be convinced if she was shown the evidence, and mentally she *is* a solider. She had seen the footage of her sister's betrayal and acts of treason. That is plenty to go on for the her reaction.

As for Lucas/Meier thing, that is completely looking at it from the audience POV. If you like talking about context of SEED so much, then in the context of Destiny, Meier was the one doing the right thing for ZAFT, plus the only evidence of Meier being a fake was one conversation between Kira and Athrun which Luna over heard, and at that point Luna only knows Athrun and doesn't know nor can confirm the identity of Kira and how trustworthy his talk/intel is. If you weight up the "evidence", Meier would actually be the one that is beneficial to ZAFT and thus appears to be the "real" Lucas, not some hypothetical "real one" that's hidden away that two guys were discussing.

Quote:
Oh and btw, Even in the context of Seed I still don't think she is a 'professional soldier'.. She wears a mini skirt for god sake! She is no red-shirt, and definitely the least qualified person EVER to pilot a Gundam as seen in ep 43.
Luna is a red-shirt, plus a professional soldier is one who obeys orders, and not by a measure of piloting skill. The opposite is Shinn, who's got some skills but disobeys orders on a whim, he's in fact less of a professional soldier than Luna.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote