View Single Post
Old 2010-04-13, 07:25   Link #133
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Which is why I said that it makes no sense to just let her do her own thing unpredictably. If it can why not alter reality a little and work her into a controlled experiment where they can learn about her at an accelerated rate. Keep pressing her into situations like Asakura was going to try to in the first season by killing Kyon and analyze the data.

And how can the data entity not know what Nagato did if she is supposed to be an extension of it? There's just something incredibly hard to swallow about all of this is what I'm saying. I find it highly doubtful that an entity that is supposed to basically be omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent to the point where it can manipulate the fabric of multidimensional space is somehow unaware of it's own abilities. I think once you reach that point of advancement where you basically transcend time and space you should have a pretty good handle on your own capabilities.

Plus if the Data Entity really somehow can't understand what Nagato did as an extension of itself (and I still don't buy that it can't) then it should really give up any hope of ever understanding Haruhi.

Let me go grab a reference book from my shelf because I want to compare this to contradiction in The Bible. Be back in a jiffy.

Edit: Okay it reminds me of The Bible where they could never quite decide on whether god was Omniscient or not.

Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?" declares the lord. "Do not I fill heaven and earth?" declares the lord. (Jeremiah 23:24)

That's the kind of data entity the first book seemed to portray and the answer was no. Now though you're telling me it's more like Genesis 4:9 where

Then the Lord said to Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?"

Which is it? Omniscience or blindness?

Perhaps a better comparison would be to Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen though. Dr. Manhattan abilities while seemingly making him omniscient and omnipotent to the point where he could manipulate the fabric of reality were defined as having some limits. I don't recall anything of the sort being introduced with the data entity.
We all just need to bow down to Kaioshin... apparently he is able to completely understand such an obscure existence such as the data entity... we are not worthy to be communicating with such a being... he/she is able to understand the will of god... we truly are not worthy... *bows to Kaioshin-sama*

Haters will hate.