Thread: Licensed Shining Tears X
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-26, 00:52   Link #84
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by retracnosna View Post
watched episode 3

starting to think japanese writers are self loathers, or masochists or something

Spoiler:
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. It's a great way for character growth. If the character was likeable at least. Souma is probably gonna end up with his partner in the end. I don't agree with it, but hey I'm not the writers here. I hated Tenge Tenjou as well because of this particular part of the story. Didn't like the main guy, and hated how the main girl swooned over said loser. Souma needs to stand aside and let Xion/Zero or whatever his name, take over. OR at least let the emotionless doll(as Altima puts it), re-arrange his whole thought process.

I really don't like Souma at all, and hope to see Kiriya fleshed out some, as I think he'd make for a cooler main character. Too worn out of all the antsy hot-blooded kids who frequent anime these days. Must be me getting older. I can't relate with them at all(not that I really could when I was a teenager anyway). Cool & collected > Angry and dramatic.