View Single Post
Old 2013-01-15, 14:23   Link #43
Somnus
Eh?

Stunning episode, in both looks and content.

The girls. What can I say? You could've had the three still shots of them that Chaos2Frozen posted earlier rotating for the entire episode and I still would've loved it.

That being said, the layout and flow of this episode was superb. Those moments where they blended everyone's feelings together, I can't praise them more. Everyone's individual feelings were portrayed to the fullest, and it was great seeing it all. Misaki and her talk of being on a "track", Aoyama and her sheer determination, Mashiro...and everything she did. Nothing but pure joy.

It slightly irked me that Sorata had to get his life lesson spelled out to him like that, but as the teacher said, "He's still a kid". As for Jin, though I can understand why he believes what he believes, I don't agree with what he's doing to Misaki in the least.

I don't mention Dragon and Rita because they win at life automatically. Too much of them would make my screen explode with awesome.

This show is single-handedly giving me an amount of romance-related development and couplings to make up for the lack thereof for the past several years, if not longer. For any Gundam SEED fans in the audience, we've got our overpowered Three-Ship Alliance right here (although I guess it'd be Four/Five-Ship Alliance, depending on how you look at it). Keep it coming Sakurasou!

New Year's at Sorata's? Hell yes.