Old 2012-11-21, 12:32   Link #1547
Gooral
Banned

Thanks for your translation leokiko .
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
(...)
Togashi's comment:
"This manuscript which I wrote 10 years ago, of which I thought that it would end as an undeveloped alternative setting (?) without even being presented at a meeting, will be delivered to everyone in movie format. As the original writer, I am happily surprised. I am also looking forward to seeing the movie completed"
(...)
To be honest I don't believe him. If he had the manuscript all along we would probably have an OAV or a movie out already (not to mention an Extra Scene/ Special chapter), especially since the last OVA came out 8 years ago. He just said that so that most hardcore fans wouldn't look at a movie as something non-canon and others wouldn't suspect that he wrote the story the moment he was asked to by Madhouse executives.

And I agree with Anh_Minh, he doesn't care much about the story at this point. He just makes shit up whenever he wants because he can. I doubt he will finish the story.

One other thing, I don't like that the manga will be so close to anime movie time-wise. I'll be completely spoiled while watching it and compare it to an original. If he hasn't released it in 10 years than he could have waited a one or two more and release it after the movie had been released.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote