View Single Post
Old 2012-01-28, 14:25   Link #7450
immblueversion

Say, there's one little thing about the tournament rules that I don't get, at least based on the translation. Well, maybe I sort of get it, but I'd like to clarify. So first, let me go through the rules that I do get (I will refer to each guild as a "team"):

The tournament will last for five days (in-universe, of course), with a mystery event occurring each day that won't be described in detail until the very last minute before the tournament begins; evidently, the game for the first day is called "Hidden," which the participants suspect will involve literal hiding away. In addition, the first four days will include battles following the events, with the fourth day featuring a "tag battle" (I'm guessing the other battles will be one-on-one fights) Evidently, what will happen on the fifth and last day will be a complete mystery until the time comes.

Each team earns points based on their performance in the tournament. As it stands, each team has already earned points based on their ranking in the preliminary event:

Sabertooth: 10pt
Fairy Tail B: 8pt
Raven Tail: 6pt
Lamia Scale: 4pt
Blue Pegasus: 3pt
Mermaid Heel: 2pt
Quatro Cerberus: 1pt
Fairy Tail A: 0pt

Each team can discuss amongst themselves which one of their five members should participate in which event. However, only the tournament sponsor gets to choose which members will participate using a ballot. In the battles, the winner gets 10pt and the loser gets 0pt; if a battle ends with a draw, both teams get 5pt.

That's what I get. What I want to know is, what is the point of the pre-battle games? Or, how do they contribute into the tournament? Do they affect anything, or are they just for show?

What I suspect is that the outcome of the games will affect which team fights which. Of course, that's assuming that four battles occur each day before the final day. But what if only one battle occurs each day? In that case, what would determine which two teams will fight? Would it still be the outcome of the games? Either way, it just doesn't seem clear reading from the current chapter alone.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote