View Single Post
Old 2009-07-31, 17:36   Link #215
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^I actually am expecting at least two or three of the Supernovas to become a Shichibukai at some point. Unlike Luffy and Zoro, those guys weren't directly fighting against the government, so they have a better chance of being offered the position. And besides, Oda pretty much made Kidd and Law in particular stand out from the rest of the rookies anyhow, since they both had pretty unique abilities and small crews whose members stood out, as well (Kidd with Killer and that zombie dude, Law with Bepo and.... uh, those two other guys ). After those two I kinda see Drake being offered the position, since he was a former marine anyway. It really makes me wonder how long it will be before those guys come back to the story.....
In retrospect, X. Drake would be a good choice. He was Kizaru's subordinate, he had the rank of, more or less, Vice-Admiral (a rear-admiral is simply the name for an inexperienced vice-admiral, who is given the easiest assignment in a naval battlefield situation - guarding the rear (Admirals are stationed in the center of a fleet, with Vice-Admirals taking the lead, and Rear-Admirals guarding the rear)) and his DF would match up nicely in a possible near-future fight with Luffy. Added to that, his reason for becoming a pirate seems to be solely for the kicks, as opposed to any anti-WG sentiment, so I could see him becoming a Shichibukai much more easily than many of the other Supernova, or the WG could simply ask him to serve them again or die .

Whatever the case, I do think it would be cool for one of the Supernova to appear in this war, if for no other reason than for their to be other super rookies (like Luffy) risking their necks in a situation they are not currently prepared for. And, as you say, the new age is coming, so we need fresh faces to act as "idols" for this new age .