View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 17:37   Link #218
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

For a 12 episode long series that's the biggest drag I have ever seen! With 5 episodes into the show I'm supposed to care for characters and at least recognize them by faces! But no, I have no idea who that heart problematic kid was! Heck! I barely know anything about pig tails girl who stands out the most out of everyone in the class! And I'm not even a bit interested in main hero either though maybe now he'll get interesting.
Ok youre missing the vital point that ALL horror anime, books, movies whatever need. Build up. Sorry you dont like Another's build up but thats what it's doing. So it took 5 episodes for Kouichi to find out what happened. Ummm if you were in the class would you have told him right away knowing what might happen to you? No you wouldnt off. As screwed as this class might be they still value their lives, hence the Counter measures. Hints were dropped, again going with the build up. People start dying, build up. Finally he finds out whats going on.

Funny thing is I have a feeling the people who are considering show boring, would have probably considered it "rushed" had he found out everything in epi 2. Horror feeds on atmosphere, misdirection and in more cases gore. Another has all 3 and Ive been happy with it so far.

Shiki had its flaws but then 2nd half was brillant (IMHO) again though it was based on build up to the last several epis.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing