View Single Post
Old 2012-08-25, 04:46   Link #482
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Her wish allowed her to travel through time, but this and going outside of time are pretty different things. Now of course is all an affect of her wish, but what I mean is that it isn't all that logical.
It's entirely logical, in a dream-like, fairytale sort of way. Her wish tied her destiny to Madoka's irrevocably. That's basically what she wished for. Her world became all about Madoka. So when Madoka leaves the world, Homura follows. Her magic TRANSCENDS TIME, that's what time travel DOES, so leaving time, transcending it literally, shouldn't be a problem. Isn't Homura outside of time when she's walking the tunnel from one timeline to another?

Quote:
And about her powers. Madoka wished many different things in different timelines, not always saving the cat, yet she always had the same powers (at least her main weapons) so I don't know how much a wish affects a magical girl's power after all. Besides, Homura's power in the new world resembles Madoka's only in that she uses a bow, but she also has wings, which Madoka didn't have. Plus there's also that special attack, corrosive wings, which I'm pretty sure is not normal.
Because the intentions behind Madoka's wish are always the same. Whether it's to save a cat, or to save her town, or to save Homura, or to save all Magical Girls, of all time and space. Madoka always wishes for the power to save others at her own expense if necessary. So in every timeline, that is what she becomes.

Homura, regardless of what her wish might be in this timeline, is certainly doing that intent. She is living out Madoka's wish of saving the world at her own expense. So that is what she becomes.

As for the wings? Well, we don't really know what Madoka was capable of. She MIGHT'VE had wings. How much screentime do we really have of her as a Puella Magi, honestly? But even if she DIDN'T, I don't think it matters, because her magic is still evoking Madoka, who is a divine being.

She has wings because she is modeling herself after a quite literal angel, by this point. And magic certainly doesn't care about your notions of linear causality. As for the corrosive wings, my personal thought on that was an idiosyncrasy.

Soul Gems fill up with despair. When they fill up with despair, Magical Girls meet Madoka. Homura knows this, and meeting Madoka is her ultimate hope. Therefore, she can never fall into despair. Therefore, instead, her Soul Gem empties out her Grief in the form of a badass attack.

Yea boi.