View Single Post
Old 2013-01-15, 17:28   Link #5
kitten320

Going by what you've seen I'll suggest the following:

claymore - Berserk (similar setting but male lead), Ga-Rei Zero (a bit similar to Teresa's arc)

baccano - Durarara (same author)

elfen lied - Deadman Wonderland (despite different themes there are lots of similarities), Umineko no Naku Koro ni (gore, blood, deaths)

death note - Code Geass (anti MC), Monster (suspence, detective kind of setting), Jigoku Shoujo (Same, theme, is it right to kill bad guys?), Aoi Bungaku Series (same studio, it is a set of small stories. some better than others).

naruto - shounen wise I would recommend the following = Ao No Exorcist, Soul Eater, D.Gray Man, Fairy Tail, Inuyasha, Hunter x Hunter (there is old and new version, each one has its pluses and minuses), FMA (there are 2 seasons. 1st has anime original story and Brotherhood follows manga. I would recommend both. If you won't like one you might like the other. I personally liked both).

madoka magica - Steins; Gate (has similar thing going later in the series, almost like episode 10 in madoka). Mai HiME (I personally find a lot of similarities between the two).

Since you have Archer as you icon, I guess you have watched Fate/Stay Night... did you see the movie F/SN: Unlimited Blade Works which is an alternative take on the series and focuses more on Archer here.

There is also great prequel Fate/Zero.

You haven't seen much of a comedy... how about Chihayafuru, Great Teacher Onizuka, Mayo Chiki and Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai?

All 4 of them are different despite being comedies.

Chihayafuru is more sport orientated but has a lot of entertaining things going on. Great character cast too.

GTO is a classic and a must for almost anyone. Series are about Onizuka who wants to become the best teacher in Japan... However, he is a big perv and his ways of teaching and helping are VERY different from what you are used to. at least I don't think your teacher has ever pushed you off the bridge.

Mayo Chiki is more of a fanservice comedy with harem.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai has a different take on harem and romance shows which I find unique and entertaining.

That's what I can suggest going by your list. If needed I can name some of my personal favourites.

Also to make it easier you can keep an online list on myanimelist.net page. You can see mine in signature just to give you an idea of what it is.
I find it very useful and easy to use.