Thread: Licensed Red Garden
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-08, 14:52   Link #52
AisuruMirai
箱者

I'd wanted to post earlier but was having trouble accessing the forums, for some reason. I liked this first episode tremendously & wanted to reiterate what Kaoru Chujo wrote:
Quote:
Twice as ambitious as anything yet except Death Note. Actual emotion. A complex story and strong characters. Some things that required effort to accept, like the noses. Lots of esthetic imagination. Detailed animation.
I loved the OP art & the art in general, & I would have posted some OP screencaps 4 or 5 days ago, but the aforementioned forum access problem prevented it. & I'm at a different computer now.

I didn't mind the noses or lips much. Colors & costume design were nice. No especially cliched characters that I recognized, but...why does Lula have to look so much like Marilyn Manson? That sort of bothered me; I wonder if it was intentional.

The singing: I thought that it was a little strange, but people are a little strange. I took it as a choice in characterization, a telling straying from the usual path of grief. So I liked it. A good part of the "actual emotion" for me.

The ending was goofy. So was the ED. But this & Asatte no Houkou (I've already watched it twice)(Does it have a thread yet?) look best so far, to me at least. Both of them have from the outset that lovely swirling mystery--which hopefully won't become a downward spiral--that I long to see when the new shows appear.

では、
アイスル未来

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai
Asatte no Houkou (I've already watched it twice)(Does it have a thread yet?)
Oh, there it is.

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2006-10-08 at 15:18.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote